Sunday 18 April 2010

Introduction: The Mysterious Insides of Things


My favourite picture from one of my favourite books. I had Jenny cut it out for me and put it here for you to look at whenever you want.

It shows what it's like inside and I've always been interested in the insides of things.

Inside is where the words must have come from. If you think about it, they couldn't have come from anywhere else. But just think what it would be like if we didn't have things to think about.

But it doesn't just happen over night you know. In fact it wasn't until I was asked something that suddenly I found I had the words for it. Why she didn't ask sooner I'll never know.

Well, you can imagine what it was like. It wasn't that I said anything wrong. The fact that I said anything at all was what almost scared us both out of our skins.

But if you don't expect an answer then why ask? And if you've got words somewhere inside and you don't say them - well, I never could understand that. Words are just short for what's inside and what's inside is just short for what's outside.

But I still do wonder why it took her so long to think of asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers