Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Bird in the Dream


Two nights ago I had a dream that was silent right up until the last moments.

We were inside and it was raining. Raining inside. Wherever the rain fell puffs of smoke came up from the floor.

We went into another room to get out of the rain and it was raining in there too. So we ran outside and there right in front of us was a tiny bird and we could hear everything. It wasn’t raining outside.

As soon as the bird saw us he began singing and playing an accordion.  The accordion sounded like a violin being played by the wind and when the bird sang it was like a human voice, only very small. There were words but I don’t know what they were, although at the time the song made perfect sense.

I woke while the bird was still singing.

Jenny has been helping me put the pieces together to make a picture. But as we were making it, I realised that there was also someone else. There was me, Jenny (who I couldn't see), the bird, and someone else.

Also I knew we had to make the picture outside in the garden where it really happened.  That's why it has taken so long; we've had a lot of rain since then.

I’m fairly certain the dream had something to do with the fire next door. And maybe Jenny was playing her violin upstairs while I was asleep. I must remember to ask.

But as for the other person… there is a boy in the picture with his back to us listening to the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers