Monday 28 June 2010

Leaving London

We left London yesterday in the afternoon when everyone was inside watching television. I was in my new travel box and Jenny drove the car. Jenny put my box on the seat beside her so I could see her through the little holes and somehow she put the safety belt around the box so that it didn’t wobble too much.

I must have fallen asleep. I was listening to Jenny talking and the car and the music she plays while she’s driving. Now and then I opened my eyes but I couldn’t keep them open for long. Sometimes the sun came in through the holes and I saw colours I don’t usually see. I think that’s what started me dreaming.

We stopped a few times and Jenny put a collar and lead on me and let me walk in the grass for a bit and gave me some water from her bottle poured into a plastic saucer she had brought along for me. I didn’t feel like walking and wanted to lie down all the time. I remember wondering how Jenny can think of so many things.

When we got to Dorset and Jenny told me we’re almost there I could smell the trees. It had been very hot in the car and the trees moved as we passed.

I heard Dorothy’s voice as she lifted me out of my travel box. I must have gone to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers