Saturday 5 June 2010

Birds Hate Barbecues


This afternoon the people next door set fire to their little barbecue.

I was in there hiding in the grass when they wheeled it out and I must say it smelt rather good, even though they hadn’t used it since last summer.

Then something very strange happened.

Mr. Willow (that’s what I call him because they’ve got a willow tree in the back garden) lit the fire and went back into the house. There was a lot of smoke and the birds flew out of the tree. I stayed in the grass and was starting to enjoy this.

Then I heard Mrs. Willow shout and they both ran out of the house and threw water into the smoke. That didn’t help and the little barbecue fell over and the smoke fell on the ground.

Mrs. Willow tried to take the dead meat out of the smoke with a very long fork and suddenly her plastic apron caught fire.

She threw the apron on the ground and started stamping on it. It didn’t smell good so I came back home.

Jenny was at the window. She had been watching all the time. She said the birds hate barbecues.

It is proving to be an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers