Friday 7 May 2010

Beyond the Fence


I can remember walking along the top of our back fence and, you know, I don’t think I bothered to look at what was on the other side.

Since then I haven’t climbed up there. It’s high and full of unwelcome surprises.

So I’ve been trying to remember the other side. After all, I can’t have been completely asleep to what was there.

This is what I think I remember. Of course, I only have just so many pictures to choose from, but I think this is the closest I will ever get to it again.

By the way, that isn’t water. Jenny said it is, but I'm not so sure. If it were, then how could those people ignore the enormity of it. They would only have to step over the little fence while looking the wrong way and they’d be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers